Wednesday 24 March 2010

N U M E R O - [ O N E - S I X ]

G A I A - P r O J E c T





These are the two main images from my Gaia project. the first is defiantly my favorite! With the theory of Gaia being about how the world will change its climate and atmosphere to sustain survival despite the human race being wiped out, i wanted to show the possibility of humanity getting a second chance, so i created a panoramic image that also works as a time line in its own way. On one side you have a bleak black and white image with a leafless tree to represent a dead world and on the other you have a colourful image of a person (my model) growing out of the ground to represent the rebirth.

The second image is a close up of my model. It is the image intended for the front cover of the magazine. I chose this image because it works as a fashion image as well as a feature and the magazine i chose is 'Dazed and Confused' so it fits well.

I feel that these images were a great step for me in my progression in photography as i was using 120 film and a Hasselblad camera on location, which i have never done, as well as creating a panoramic image, which was a real task putting together. In all i had alot of fun with this project.

P e a c e a n d L o v e

No comments:

Post a Comment